Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X 2008+ AEM Cold Air Intake System (Silver)
Part Number: 21-678C
AEM is proud to introduce its new Cold Air Induction System for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X 2.0L MIVEC (part # 21-678C). The largest power gains for the 21-678C are 16.67 horsepower at 6,300 RPM and 17 lbs/ft of torque at 4,100 RPM as measured on Harman Motive’s All-Wheel-Drive Mustang Dynamometer.
AEM Cold Air intakes are dyno-tested against the competition to deliver unsurpassed performance. Each system is tuned on the dyno to deliver maximum torque and horsepower, and monitor OBDII sensors, Mass Airflow sensor (MAF) signal voltage and fuel trims during this process to ensure that all readings are within OEM parameters, eliminating the chance of a throwing a check engine light.
All Cold Air intakes are constructed of CNC, mandrel-bent 6063 aluminum, and feature reinforced, TIG-welded brackets and fittings for maximum durability. For the EVO X, AEM’s engineers took a different approach and designed a power-producing enclosed airbox. The airbox is constructed from cross-linked polythene and features a powdercoated aluminum lid with embossed AEM logo. From the aluminum MAF adapter, AEM has included a factory-style reinforced rubber tube made of high-strength EPDM. The enclosed airbox, the factory-style rubber tube and utilization of the factory air duct gives this cold air intake kit a very stealth appearance.
All AEM intakes include AEM’s revolutionary DRYFLOW synthetic performance air filter; the first cleanable, reusable performance air filter that does not require oiling to filter and trap dirt and contaminants (more DRYFLOW key features can be found below).
DRYFLOW Air Filter Key Features:
· Will NOT void your vehicle’s warranty!
· No oil eliminates chance of under- or over-oiling, taking the guesswork out of servicing
· Filter element cleans in minutes and is Guaranteed for Life!
· Unique filter media is independently tested at up to 99.52% cumulative filtration efficiency to particles as small as one micron, based on ISO 5011:2000 FINE DUST performance testing. Visit www.aempower.com for independent filtration test results
· A mineral reinforced plastic interior cage increases structural rigidity—it’s virtually impossible to collapse!
· No mesh screen means a reduced chance of filter damage from bumps during installation or cleaning